- The time-series analytics platform, TrendHub
- The annotation management platform, ContextHub
- The dashboard platform, DashHub.
- The Machine Learning platform, MLHub (only available for users with expert licenses)
The top bar is a common bar in all hubs, allowing for easy navigation between each of these hubs and some more hub specific actions.
A Work item in TrendMiner is every single item a user can save, open, edit, and share. The following work items exist within TrendMiner:
- TrendHub views
- ContextHub views
- Value based searches
- Digital step searches
- Similarity searches
- Operating area searches
- Cross asset value-based searches
- Machine learning models
- Notebook output pipelines
- Prediction tags
The key enabler of the Work Organizer is the ability to efficiently manage all these TrendMiner work items in one central location. You can create folders to structure your work to your liking.
The work organizer is also the starting point to share your items with colleagues and to get an overview of items which are shared with yourself.
The work organizer is available from all hubs and can be found at the right side of the top bar.
The layout of the work organizer
There are two tabs in the work organizer; 'My work' and 'Shared with me'.
The overall layout of both tabs is very similar.
- My work: shows a tabular overview of all the folders, views and a variety of work items of which you are the owner, including the last updated date.
- Shared with me: contains only the work items shared with you by other users. It also indicates the owner of the items, and the date items were last updated.
At the top right, you can easily search for specific items, or you can filter the visualized work items by type, by clicking the icon with three horizontal lines.
How to create a folder in the Work Organizer
- Select "Work Organizer" located left of the user profile menu.
- Click on the create folder icon.
- Enter folder name and click "Create folder" in the dropdown.
The folder will be created within the currently opened folder.
How to save a new work item
When saving a new item, the save panel will always provide an option to specify the location. If not specified, the item will be saved in the root level of the work organizer. When selecting a location, a folder can also be created in the work organizer side panel in a similar fashion.
Available actions on work items
By selecting folders or work items, the "Action" button at the top becomes available.
The following actions are available:
- Make a copy
- Move item to folder
- Share item
- Delete item
Note: When selecting multiple items, renaming and making a copy is not available.
- Rename: When you select rename, a right-side panel opens to facilitate the action. Enter name and press 'rename item' button.
- Copy: When you make a copy a right-side panel opens where you will be asked to name your new copied item. The copied item will be stored in the same folder as the original item.
- Move: Selecting the move option also opens the right-side panel. Here you can navigate through folders to find the optimal location. When located in the correct folder, click 'Move' to execute the transfer.
- Share: You can also share your work items (except folders) by selecting the items to share and clicking the Share item option under the actions button. More detail about sharing is provided in sharing work items section below.
- Delete: You can delete your work items. A pop-up modal will appear to confirm the deletion of the selected items. When you select a folder for deletion, all items included in the folder (all work items and other folders) are deleted as well.
How to sort items
Items can be sorted by 'Name', 'Type' or 'Last Updated' by clicking the corresponding column header in the work organizer. Folders are listed first, regardless of which sorting option is set.
How to search for items
The search is not limited to the current folder. The search feature will search all folders and other items within the 'My work' space and present all results in one list. You can search both in 'My work' and in 'Shared with me' but not simultaneously.
Note: wildcards (*) are available to specify more advanced naming patterns. e.g. 'Project*optimization' will match all items for which the name or description starts with 'Project' and end with 'optimization'.
Note: The search will not show filtered item types.
Sharing work items
In the work organizer your work items are categorized between those that are yours, and those that have been shared with you. Any item that you create you can share as well, except for folders.
Why would you share your work?
Having created different work items, you may wish to share your work with other interested parties so that others can learn from your findings, for purposes of monitoring, root cause analysis, issue mitigation and shift change.
Note: When you share an item, access to underlying items is automatically provided, although the work item is not explicitly shared. For example, if a dashboard is shared, all items within the dashboard are displayed on the dashboard, but the items are not visible in the "Shared with me" tab.
Current dependencies in TrendMiner:
- TrendHub views can depend on a fingerprint.
- Dashboards can depend on a ContextHub view or TrendHub view.
- Filters can depend on searches.
Important Note: Monitors live outside of the work organizer, and they can only be enabled for your own searches and fingerprints. Save a copy of the search or fingerprint (by first opening the item) to enable.
How to share items in the work organizer
- Open the work organizer by clicking on the work organizer button located at the top right of your UI.
- Click on the checkbox of the item row(s) you wish to share. The action button at the top will indicate the number of items that are selected.
- Click "Share item(s)" in the drop-down menu. A side panel will appear from the right.
- In the side panel enter the name of an individual(s) you wish to share your work with.
- You can search on username or full name.
- Click the + button and the names will be added to the "Overview" list.
- Close the panel.
Your chosen work has been shared with your selected colleagues. The items will be marked as shared in the work organizer overview.
To stop sharing the item(s), select the item you want to update the sharing settings for, then do the following:
- Click the checkbox of the item for which you wish to revoke the share rights.
- In the dropdown list that appears under the "Actions" bubble, select "Share item". A share panel appears from the right side of the screen.
- In the "Overview" list that appears from the right, click on the x button to the right of the user's name to revoke the permission.
- Close the panel.
Your newly shared items will be found by your colleagues in their work organizer under the "Shared with me" tab. When sharing an item do not forget to also share dependent items if you want every single item to appear in the "Shared with me" tab.
Important: If you wish to share your view to everyone, type "everyone" in the name field.
Note: To remove existing share permissions, select a single item and click the "Share item" option. When multiple items are selected, you can only add new share permissions.
Note: Currently other users can only be given read access. Edit permissions will be added in future releases.
Note: When you share a view and then delete the view, everyone's access to the read view is deleted.
Note: When you share formula and aggregation tags, the details of the formula and aggregation are shared also. Including the formula and any other tags that are nesting.
Favorite items in the work organizer
With the help of items you can quickly find the information and documents that are most important for you. To make your work easier, we have added another section to the work organizer called "Favorites". In this area, all your favorite items are grouped together so that you can easily access them.
You can mark an item as a favorite by clicking the star icon on any of the work organizer tabs, including the "Shared with me" folder. To mark or unmark an item as a favorite, simply click the star in the row of the item you want to consider as a favorite.
The Favorites tab lists all the items that you have marked as favorites. From here you can perform actions on these items, such as delete or move (depending on the permission).
If you are the owner of an item, you can perform actions on that item. If someone has created an item and shared it with you (permission to view), you can ask for further permissions to act. You can see the name of the owner in the "Owner" column.
Recently used items in the work organizer
The “Last updated” column is replaced by a new parameter which provides more detail on the usage of an item; last used.
The new parameter “Last used” contains the timestamp (date and time) in addition to, for example,“Just now” or ”1 hour ago”. Below the timestamp you can see previous actions, such as:
- Created, when the item has been created (saved for the first time).
- Shared, when you as a receiver see the item for the first time in the “Shared with me” tab.
- Opened, when an item has been opened in the hub.
- Modified, once the item has been updated (using the action “Save as…”).
Note: To keep things tidy, we've updated all the open item side-panels with this new parameter.