Towards the top right of the ContextHub user interface is the "Actions Button". Click on this button to reveal a series of actions that can be placed up your views. The actions include:
- Discard changes
- Save as
- Edit details
- Start new view
- Export as
- Open as Context Item Search
- Add to dashboard
- Delete view
Actions dropdown button
The "Actions" button situated at the top right of your home screen enables you to manage your new view.
The dropdown menu provides a list of actions as follows:
- Discard changes - If you are not happy with the changes to your view, for example, by sorting or filtering your view, you can revert your view to its original state by using this option.
- Refresh - If context items of your view have updated since your view was opened, or new context items have been added to your view in the meantime, you can refresh the content using this option.
- Save - Save any changes made to your view by clicking this option.
- Save As - Once you have created a view through your filter selection, be sure to save your view by using this option. You will be prompted to enter a name, description and a desired location for your view, afterwards you can click on “save view” and the view will be saved.
Note: Your newly created view will now appear in the list under "MY VIEWS", and will be added to your work organizer.
- Edit details - You can use this option to edit the name and description of your view or to move it to another location.
- Start new view - You can use this option to start a new view.
- Add to dashboard - This is available once the view is saved. Clicking the option opens another side panel where you can select one of the following two options.
- Create a new dashboard: this will insert the view into a new dashboard.
- Add to an existing dashboard: this will insert the view into a saved dashboard.
- Share - With this option you can immediately share a newly saved view, in a similar fashion and without the need to navigate and locate the view in the work organizer.
- Export As - You can choose to export your ContextHub view in the form of a CSV file. After you choose the “Export As” option – the export box will appear. Select your “Timezone” and preferred export format – XLSX, CSV (Comma separated), CSV (Semicolon separated). Finally, you can click "Generate export". Export runs in the background, notices will alert the user to completion of the export. The exported file will contain a link to the TrendHub profile.
Note: You can only export on a saved view.
- Delete view - To delete a view select a view and then choose this option. There is one opportunity to cancel the deletion.
In addition a bulk delete action is also possible. You can either click on the "select all you see" checkbox to delete a percentage of your view, or click on the "select all filtered context items" option. You can all pre-select the items one by one. After the items have been selected, click on the red "Delete selection" button.
Once deleted, the items remain deleted.