In the work organiser your work items are categorized between those that are yours, and those that have been shared with you. Any item that you create you are able to share.
You can share six types of items, these include; TrendHub views, Fingerprints, ContextHub views, DashBoards, Formulas and Aggregations. Having created one of these types, you may wish to share your
work with other interested parties so that others can learn from your findings, for purposes of monitoring, root cause analysis, issue mitigation and shift change.
Note: When you share an item, all depending items are automatically shared. For example, if a dashboard is shared, then the items associated to the tiles added to that dashboard are also shared.
- TrendHub view can depend on a fingerprint
- Dashboard can depend on ContextHub view and TrendHub view
How to share types of work in the work organizer
1. Open the work organizer by clicking on the work organizer button located at the top right of your UI.
2 Click on the checkbox of the item row(s) you wish to share. A bubble will appear above the item list; (x item selected). Click on this bubble.
3. Click "Share item" in the drop down menu. A side panel will appear from the right.
4. In the side panel enter the name of an individual(s) you wish to share your work with.
5. Click the + button and the names will be added to the "Overview" list.
6. Close the panel.
Your chosen work has been shared with your selected colleagues.
To stop sharing the item(s), select the item you want to update the sharing settings for, then do the following:
- Click the checkbox of the row you wish to revoke the share rights.
- In the dropdown list that appears under the "Item selected" bubble, select "Share item". A share panel appears from the right hand side of the screen.
- In the "Overview" list that appears from the right, identify members you wish to revoke share rights to and click on the x button to the right of the user's name.
- Close the panel.
Your newly shared items will be found by your colleagues in their work organizer under the "Shared with me" bubble.
Important: If you wish to share your view to everyone, type "everyone" in the name field.
Note: To remove existing share permissions, select a single item and click the "Share item" option. When multiple items are selected, you can only add new share permissions.
Note: Currently other users can only be given read access. Edit permissions will be added in future releases.
Note: When you share a view and then delete the view, everyone's access to the read view is deleted.
How to search for items
The search is not limited to the current folder. The search feature will search all folders and other items within the 'My work' space, and separately within 'Shared shared with me' space. You can search both in 'My work' and in 'Shared with me' but not simultaneously, and so conduct separately.
Note: wildcards (*) are available to specify more advanced naming patterns. e.g. 'Project*optimization' will match all items for which the name or description contains the strings 'Project' and 'optimization', even if other characters appear before, in between or after.