When your activated search is complete, the search results list appears in the bottom left hand window of your screen. The list is a series of time periods that contain events defined by your search criteria.
If your search criteria garners a significant number of hits, the results are sorted into bins. The time periods are grouped into bins that are prioritized in descending order of closeness to your search criteria. Within the bins, periods are organized by time, score, duration or calculation. The number of items contained in each bin is indicated between brackets.
Using the handy scroll bar you can scroll the list until you find a period of interest. You can then select datasets contained within the bins, and then explore the data graphically within the focus chart.
To move up in the results list, use the navigate up icon to the left of the results.
There are two options you can use to visualize individual results:
- Click on a result to replace the focus layers by the corresponding time period of the result. The result will become the base layer and other layers will be removed.
- Click on the add layer icon to add the corresponding time period of the result as a new layer (lay it on top of the base layer). Overlays can be removed again by clicking the remove layer icon .
For a similarity search, the query time period (original period you started from) will always be shown on top of your result list as a reference.
To change the sorting mode of the results, look to the results list window and click the three vertical dots icon situated at the top right corner of the window. Depending on the search dimension, different sorting options are available:
- Similarity search: sort on score or time.
- Value based search: sort on time or duration.
- Digital step search: sort on time.
- Context Item search: sort on time or duration.
- Operating Area search: sort on time or duration.
When you perform a calculation on the search results (refer to this article for more information), an additional option to sort the results 'Calculation based' will be provided.
The following actions can be taken on the level of the result list:
- Perform a calculation on your search results.
- Create a time-based filter that excludes or keeps selected results or bins.
- Create a context item on one or more selected results or bins.
- Export search results (including duration and calculations) to Excel.
-- If your TrendMiner screens do not match the screens you see above, this means you probably run an older version of TrendMiner. Contact your administrator for upgrade options.