Calculations on search results, enables the calculation of a summary metric for a tag of interest (e.g. calculate the maximum temperature attained during a batch) over the time interval of your search results (e.g. historically produced batches of a given product).
A calculation icon can be found when you click on the three dots located at the top of the search results panel. Click the icon to perform a calculation on your selected search results.
- After performing your search, click the calculation icon . The following window will appear:
- Select a tag on which to perform the calculation ('Tag to aggregate').
- Select a calculation or aggregation 'Operator':
- 'Average values'
- 'Minimum values'
- 'Maximum values'
- 'Range values': maximum value - minimum value
- 'Start values': value at the starting point of the interval
- 'End values': value at the end point of the interval
- 'Delta': end value - start value
- 'Integral (/1d)': area under the curve, assuming the tag to aggregate is expressed in units per day. If it has another dimension (e.g. kg/h) the user needs to take into account a conversion factor (e.g. x24 hours/day if your tag is expressed in units/h) to obtain the correct integral value.
- 'Standard deviation': calculation of the standard deviation over the entire time frame per tag.
- Assign your calculation a name and indicate a unit of measurement.
- Click 'Calculate' to start the calculation.
The calculations are presented in your search results. Drill down to the lowest level to see them displayed.
To sort the search results based on the calculation use the hamburger icon on the left (see working with the search result list).
Note: the definition of the calculation remains available and can be edited as long as no new search operation is performed.
-- If your TrendMiner screens do not match the screens you see above, this means you probably run an older version of TrendMiner. Contact your administrator for upgrade options.