When the active view contains one or more process situations of interest, you can create a fingerprint . A fingerprint is visually represented as a hull or envelope, and normally consists of the common behavior of all overlays.
The basic functionality (creating, editing and visualizing a fingerprint) is outlined below with a link to the deep dive video on the bottom of this page.
- How to create a fingerprint
- How to edit a fingerprint
- How to visualize a fingerprint
- Feature deep dive video
Fingerprints are a creation based on what is visible within the focus chart; and so it is critical to visualize the correct view before creating a fingerprint. A fingerprint is created using a collection of overlays that represent common behavior, and is visualized in the form of a hull or envelope. After setting a view within the focus chart, you can create a fingerprint as followed:
- Open the fingerprint menu .
- Click the plus icon situated top right of the menu.
- Enter a 'Name' and 'Description'.
- Set the 'Detection threshold'.
- Adjust your view or layers as necessary.
- Click the 'Save' button.
The example below shows a fingerprint for a batch run on a specific product.
- Open the fingerprint menu.
- Click the name of the fingerprint you want to edit.
- Click the edit icon at the top of the menu. A blue bar at the top of the focus chart will appear.
- Perform the desired edits.
- Click the save icon in the fingerprint menu or in the blue bar at the top of the screen.
In case you want to add tags to or remove tags from the fingerprint, you can either navigate to the tags menu or click 'tags' in the blue bar appearing near the top of the screen. In the example below, an additional tag was selected.
In case you want to add or remove layers as part of the fingerprint, either select layers from the layers menu or click 'layers' in the blue bar appearing near the top of the screen.
You can also add additional layers by conducting a search and selecting new layers from the results list. This is shown in the example below where the last result of a digital step search has been added as a new layer.
To finish the editing of your fingerprint, go back to the fingerprint menu and select 'Save'. To discard changes, select 'Cancel'.
1. Open the fingerprints menu .
2. Click on the link 'Saved fingerprints' to open the work organizer.
3. In the work organizer browse to or search for the fingerprint you want to load.
4. Click on the fingerprint to open the fingerprint details.
5. Choose the position where you want to overlay the fingerprint.
6. Click the 'Add to view' button.
You can choose to add the fingerprint 'At start of view', 'At start of view (Zoom to fit)' or 'At current time'. Adding the fingerprint to the start of the view will overlay the fingerprint on top of the current view. TrendMiner automatically scales the view when you select the 'At start of view (Zoom to fit)' option. The option to add the fingerprint at current time, will add the fingerprint to the current time.
-- If your TrendMiner screens do not match the screens you see above, this means you probably run an older version of TrendMiner. Contact your administrator for upgrade options.