TrendMiner's merging axes functionality enables you to align measurements to a common scale.
How to group tags
In order to put tag A on the same scale as tag B:
- Drag the axis label of tag A onto the axis label of tag B in the focus chart.
Note: you cannot include a digital tag in a scale group.
Dragging tags onto each other will create a tag group. All tags in this group are shown on the same scale. Axis labels appear grouped in the focus chart and a colored line appears in front of the tags in the active tag list when creating scaled groups.
Currently auto-scaling is not yet supported for tag groups and the scales of all tags are switched from 'Auto' to 'Manual' when creating a tag group.
Note: be aware that dropping tag A on another tag B may render the tag A invisible if its range does not match the scale of B at all.
The screenshot below shows a tag group after dragging the 'BA:TEMP.1'-tag on top of the 'BA:CONC.1'-tag. The tag group is also indicated with a green line in front of both tags in the active tag list.
Note: group tags will not be saved when creating and loading a new view.
How to customize groups
In order to change the position of the tag group:
- Via the focus chart: drag the triple tag icon of the tag group to another position.
- Via the tags menu: drag the tag group to another position.
It is also possible to reorder the tags within a tag group:
- Drag the axis label of the tag within the tag group to change its position.
The scale of a tag group can be changed as well:
- Open the tags menu .
- Click on a tag in the tag group to open the tag details.
- Change the 'Min' and 'Max' values in the 'Scale Settings'. All tags in the group will be scaled accordingly to these settings.
How to remove tags from a group
- To remove a tag from a tag group there are two options:
- Drag and drop the axis label of the corresponding tag outside of the tag group.
- Click the undock icon present in the group axis label as indicated in the screenshot below.
Both methods can be used to remove a tag from its group but it is important to notice that removing the tag using the:
- Drag and drop method will keep the scale from the tag group.
- The undock icon will recover the original scale settings of that tag.
Feature deep dive video